ViMP 3.5 shows off with a completely reworked HTML5 video player!
The new player contains the following new functions:
- HTML5 first
By default ViMP now uses the HTML5 ViMP player, Flash is fallback.
Add chapters to your videos that are accessible by a click on the chapter preview image.
- Seek preview
See preview images by hovering the mouse over the seek bar.
- Subtitles (not available in ViMP Community)
Add multi-lingual subtitles to your videos by importing WebVTT subtitle files.
- Mobile video ads (Beta! Not available in ViMP Community)
The new player also supports video ads on mobile devices now.
- Variable video speed
Change the speed of the video via its context menu.
- Custom design
Easily adapt the player design to your custom requirements.
Further features of ViMP 3.5
- Media transfer extension for ViMP Corporate, allowing to synchronize multiple ViMP servers in cluster environments.
- Minor improvements and big fixes.
Test the new functions in our Online Demo!
Please download the new version within your personal download area.
- New: ViMP HTML5 Player
- New: Media sync extension (ViMP Corporate)
- New: Open Source Transcoding: Audio bitrate can be defined separately
- New: Open Source Transcoding: Audio and video bitrate can be defined separately for desktop and mobile devices
- Fix: LDAP groups are sorted alphabetically in the backend now (ViMP Corporate)
- Fix: VOD: display of time period corrected
- Fix: Issue with Google Maps and HTTPS connections fixed
- Fix: Appearance of Facebook comments corrected
- Fix: Batch Import: Import folder path corrected
- Fix: Media delivery with disabled pseudo streaming fixed
- Fix: Media of blocked users are no longer displayed in WebTV mode
- Fix: Appearance of blog favorites of a user corrected
- Fix: Several minor improvements and bugfixes