With ViMP 3.6 we are proud to present you one of the most comprehensive updates of ViMP ever!
ViMP 3.6 contains the following new features:
- Backend dashboard
The new backend dashboard provides useful information about the growth of your platform.
- ViMP player quality selector (all editions except of ViMP Community)
Different video formats can be defined in the backend and selected within the player.
- Custom media fields
Define additional media fields that will be displayed on the media pages and contain custom data.
- HTML5 upload
We integrated a completely new HTML5 uploader with cross-browser drag'n'drop support.
- Real names instead of usernames
ViMP can be configured to display full names instead of usernames in the frontend.
- Direct upload into channels (channel module)
Authorized users are able to upload media directly into a channel.
- Completely reworked media import (media import module)
The media import module has been reworked completely and offers more functions and control options now.
- Livestream on the start page (livestream module)
A livestream can be displayed on the start page of ViMP.
- Banner ads on smartphones (all editions except of ViMP Community)
Add banner ads that will be displayed within the smartphone template, too.
- Time-controlled media release (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Define a start and/or end date to control the publishing timeframe of each medium.
- Web channel module (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
The new web channel allows you to embed media outside of your intranet.
- E-Learning extension (included in ViMP Corporate Campus, optionally for ViMP Corporate)
Create video-based learning courses with questionnairs with the brand new e-learning extension.
- LDAP mixed mode (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Use LDAP authentication and ViMP authentication concurrently.
- Video recording via webcam (beta) (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Record video and audio streams directly from a webcam.
In addition, we added multiple minor new features and improvements.
Test the new functions in our Online Demo!
Please download the new version within your personal download area.
- New: Quality selector for the ViMP player with additional media formats (all editions except of ViMP Community)
- New: HTML5 uploader with drag'n'drop support
- New: Custom media fields
- New: Banner ads in smartphone template (all editions except of ViMP Community)
- New: Backend dashboard and graphical statistics
- New: Displaying full name instead of username in the frontend (optional setting)
- New: Likes, ratings and favorites use AJAX request
- New: Embed code generator enhanced with "Related media" option
- New: Adminsitrators can no longer delete their own account
- New: Mandatory field marking in forms
- New: Direct upload into channels (channel module)
- New: Livestream on the start page (livestream module)
- New: Completly reworked media import (media import module)
- New: Sequence of album media can be defined individually (album module)
- New: LDAP mixed mode (ViMP Corporate)
- New: Time-controlled media release (ViMP Corporate)
- New: Web channel (ViMP Corporate)
- New: Video Editor improvements (optionally for ViMP Corporate)
- New: E-learning extension (optionally for ViMP Corporate)
- New: Webcam recording (beta) (ViMP Corporate)
- New: Several API extensions (ViMP Enterprise, Enterprise Ultimate and Corporate)
- New: Batch upload can be disabled in the backend configuration
- New: AAC library for Open Source Transcoding can be selected in the backend configuration
- Fix: Issue with initial Facebook Connect registration fixed
- Fix: Preview thumbnails will be created from the transcoded formats instead of the source format
- plus several minor bugfixes and improvements