ViMP 4.3 is here! Look forward to numerous new features in this version. Upgrade now!
- Find an overview of the new features in our ViMP 4.3 blog post.
- Also read our technical notes containing important information of the upgrade.
Please download the new version within your personal download area.
- New: Password protection for individual media
- New: Video.js Player integration
- New: SAML 2.0 authentication
- New: User roles are displayed directly in the user overview of the backend
- New: Role permissions for individual backend areas
- New: QR code for media URLs
- New: Client extension of main sections
- New: Improved cookie consent
- New: nDVR support for livestreaming
- New: NGINX support
- New: PHP 7.4 compatibility (PHP 5.6 support has been dropped with this version)
- New: Channels can be created via the frontend
- New: Zip format added to default document formats
- New: API method getPicture can alternatively be called without framework initialization
- New: VAST Video Ads can be activated/deactivated for administrators for paid content
- New: Language selection can be defined individually
- New: Revised presets including new accessibility preset
- New: Improved function to visualize the transcoding progress
- New: Callback after successful media transcoding
- New: Date picker unification in the backend
- New: System message in the backend when maintenance mode is activated
- New: Users of the admin role don't have to verify their own media anymore, if they belong to the approval role
- New: Threshold value of the license limit warning is now configurable
- Fix: Minor design corrections within the accessibility skin
- Fix: Issues with WebTV mode and enabled streaming fixed
- Fix: Issue with creating chapter marks with timestamp selection when native HLS is enabled fixed
- Fix: Issue with conversion of images with rotation detection enabled
- as well as numerous smaller improvements and optimizations