How to enable outgoing e-mail encryption
ViMP supports e-mail delivery via an external STMP server. To comply with the GDPR we strongly recommend using this option and to configure ViMP to encrypt outgoing e-mails via SSL or TLS.
The according settings can be adjusted at Configuration -> E-Mail.
- Mail type: Should be set to SMTP.
- Mail SMTP server: Enter the name of your external SMTP server here. Ask your e-mail provider, if you're unsure.
- Mail SMTP port: Enter the secure port of the SMTP server here (typically 465 or 587).
- Mail SMTP encryption type: SSL or TLS (ask your provider, if you're unsure).
- Mail SMTP user: Typically the e-mail address of the account that should be used for outgoing e-mails.
- Mal SMTP password: Password of the above e-mail account.
If your e-mail provider requires POP3 authentication before sending e-mails, you can enter the credentials in the next two options additionally.
- Mail SMTP POP authentication: Typically the e-mail address of the account.
- Mail POP server: Enter the name of your external POP server here. Ask your e-mail provider, if you're unsure.
Last update on 2018/05/22 by Admin.