Everything new at ViMP

Simultaneously with ViMP 4.0 we launched our new website!

We have done our best to make the website as clear and user-friendly as possible.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Please let us know what you like and what we can improve.

Your feedback

Thank you and have fun on our new website and with ViMP 4.0!

Sincerly, Your ViMP team

Feedback

Support Forum

Forum support is free. Please note that replies can take some time as replies to paying ticket customers are prioritized.

dstamos
It seems the issue with Fightcon.com running PHP 7 is with the encoding used in your software which is incompatible with PHP 7.0. The server default PHP version is 7.0 and the site currently works when using PHP 5.6 with the handler currently set under the public_html/.htaccess file.

When attempting to change the handler to version PHP 7.0 or removing the handler and forcing the site to default to PHP 7.0, this results in the main site displaying a blank page. Previously we were able to find an error in the server logs reporting an issue with sourceguardian which can be seen on 'https://www.fightcon.com/frontend_dev.php' when attempting to load the site under PHP 7.0.

The exact error message is as follows:

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - This protected script was not encoded for version 7.0.33 of PHP. Please re-encode or contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [07] in /home/fightcon/public_html/apps/frontend/modules/start/actions/actions.class.php on line 2

This file appears to be encoded with an earlier version of sourceguardian version 10.1.6 and the installed version for PHP 7.0 is sourceguardian 11.3. The code within the referenced file is listed below:

# head -1 /home/fightcon/public_html/apps/frontend/modules/start/actions/actions.class.php
<?php @"SourceGuardian"; //v10.1.6

This means the encoding used in the file of the VIMP software does not match the current version of SourceGuardian used on the server with PHP 7.0 and you will need to re-encode the script to use the matching version.
[Last edited by dstamos, 30.08.2019 22:25]
Sincerely,
D. L. Stamos
30.08.2019 22:22
dstamos
Hi Stefan,

It seems the issue with Fightcon.com running PHP 7 is with the encoding used in your software which is incompatible with PHP 7.0. The server default PHP version is 7.0 and the site currently works when using PHP 5.6 with the handler currently set under the public_html/.htaccess file.

When attempting to change the handler to version PHP 7.0 or removing the handler and forcing the site to default to PHP 7.0, this results in the main site displaying a blank page. Previously we were able to find an error in the server logs reporting an issue with sourceguardian which can be seen on 'https://www.fightcon.com/frontend_dev.php' when attempting to load the site under PHP 7.0.

The exact error message is as follows:

Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - This protected script was not encoded for version 7.0.33 of PHP. Please re-encode or contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [07] in /home/fightcon/public_html/apps/frontend/modules/start/actions/actions.class.php on line 2

This file appears to be encoded with an earlier version of sourceguardian version 10.1.6 and the installed version for PHP 7.0 is sourceguardian 11.3. The code within the referenced file is listed below:

# head -1 /home/fightcon/public_html/apps/frontend/modules/start/actions/actions.class.php
<?php @"SourceGuardian"; //v10.1.6

This means the encoding used in the file of the VIMP software does not match the current version of SourceGuardian used on the server with PHP 7.0 and you will need to re-encode the script to use the matching version.
Sincerely,
D. L. Stamos
04.10.2019 04:32
farrider
We host a bunch of ViMP installs on WHM/Cpanel servers.

Have had the same problem, exactly the same.

It isn't a Vimp problem, as they are not using nor recommending the use of the software on WHM/Cpanel servers. but rather a dedicated server.

Up until now it has not been a problem because we are running PHP 5.6 as the core on each server, however when changing to 7.0 + we note the same issues you have.

That being said, we think it is how WHM is handling the multiple php versions along with the EasyApache 4 sourcegaurdian loaders that are loaded by default for each individual PHP version.

We are starting to look into this now as 5.6 will need to be retired at some point.

When we find a way around the issue, ill come back and let you know what we did.
29.01.2020 17:27
farrider
After much testing, I have concluded the following.

WHM/Cpanel utilizes multiple PHP versions on the fly.

There are two core points to this.

The server itself has the ability to choose its core PHP version, and in this case it must be set to PHP 5.6 for Vimp to function correctly.

The reason for this is php-cli is utilizes ixed56.lin for it's loader.

As far as I have been able to determine, when switching to anything above PHP 5.6 the PHP-CLI is not implementing ixed correctly at the PHP-CLI level for PHP 7 +

That being said, the installer passed all checks and does indeed install the Vimp package in the PHP 7.x + environment but when it calls on the PHP-CLI dependencies, it says the script MUS be re encoded with the proper ixed version.

This is caused because Apache is using the current PHP default CLI version set for the server.

But at the CLI level, it reverts back to the 5.6 loader, even though the account is set to 7.x plus.

Now that we know what the problem is, were trying some work arounds.

So far we have tried a cloudlinux implementation. no help there.

We have tried switching web server to LightSpeed, no help there.

We are now trying to get around the paths and dependencies for each PHP versions.

I've been hosting VimP sites for years, and I can assure you it is not a Vimp problem.

Ill get it figured out, but remember, you are trying to use software that was never designed to work in a WHM/Cpanel shared server environment.

The onus is on us to make it work, if we so choose to.

Even though Vimp has no obligations to support this hybrid scenario, they have been very kind giving insight about various functionality of the platform, and I thank the entire support crew.

V/r

Kevin
01.02.2020 20:07
farrider
All,

Running through other websites I ran into the following error, which illustrates what is happening, (Better then I could explain it, but you get the idea)

iconQuote:
Cron PHP Version Mismatch
Your environment appears to be running a different PHP version (7.2.26) for the System Cron than the currently loaded PHP version (7.3.13). This may cause issues running your System Cron.

The goal is to get WHM to use the version of CLI-PHP that the site is currently running under.

I've got a few brains working on this including mine.

Should anyone come up with any thoughts, please feel free to join in.

We will add anything else we find.
03.02.2020 19:00
farrider
I got it nailed.

All the installs that were running are very old and have been upgraded over time almost 3 years.

All the installs were upgraded under php 5.6.

It turns out that there were files left over from the multiple upgrades that would not run under the new sourcegaurdian loader, which you never would have noticed unless you moved up to PHP 7.X I removed all sourcegaurdian offending files and compared to a fresh install.

Then ran a rebuild and mysql db repair. Cleared the cache then reset the template.

Here is what i did to make it work under PHP 7.2 with PHP-FPM
WHM CENTOS 7.7 [host] v84.0.21

There is a WHM/Cpanel bug in the . htaccess

iconCode:
SetEnvIf Request_URI .*/flashcomm IS_FLASHCOMM
  <IfModule mod_headers.c>
      Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store" env=IS_FLASHCOMM
      Header unset Expires env=IS_FLASHCOMM
  </IfModule>
  #UnsetEnv IS_FLASHCOMM
</IfModule>

If you don't comment out UnsetEnv as above the sites will not load.

Additionally your path will be similar to /home/USER/public_html/data/web

/web must be set to 755 permission

This works for both light and ultimate versions

Proof is in the pudding.

https://clanstube.com/
https://clanstube.com/phpinfo.php

If your not allowed to post links, please delete them, I just wanted to show it does work under PHP 7.x

On a side note, I would like to say that if you plan on running this on a WHM/Cpanel server, the game is never over. Almost every update WHM does causes an issue which needs to be tweaked.

Our company went into this knowing full well ViMP is not designed for a shared single server environment.

The support guys here are great, but please don't get upset when you have issues.

Normally I don't post on all the changes we make, but going from 5.6 to 7.x was a difficult one for us, so I figured I would put it out there.
[Last edited by farrider, 05.02.2020 02:33]
05.02.2020 02:03
dstamos
Thank you so much for your help

When I update to PHP version 7.0 or above I get this error in the PHP error log:

[07-Feb-2020 11:32:01 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant STDOUT - assumed 'STDOUT' in /home/fightcon/public_html/lib/symfony/command/sfCommandApplication.class.php on line 47
Sincerely,
D. L. Stamos
07.02.2020 19:10
farrider
dstamos,

That error could mean a thousand things when it comes to WHM, there are SO many variables.

First off, are you just a cPanel user or the WHM administrator?

Second do you have root access?

And third, are you willing to give me access to the server?

I am a well established person here, and would like to think I am considered trust worthy.

Kai, knows me and I'm listed as a host for North America here on the web site.

I would be willing to go in and see whats going on, and try and fix this for you.

As I said in my post, this was never designed to work in a hybrid environment.

There are many variables, such as the the actual server itself, the company template you used to set it up, IE OVH Hetzner, ect,ect

I'm not sure what protocol dictates as far as this goes for contact.

First let me know what your comfort level with me is, and then Ill ask Stefan/Kai what is acceptable.
08.02.2020 07:22
farrider
Again on the same server we have these websites up and working.

https://clanstube.com/
https://parrotfiles.com/
https://orvovideo.com/

And many more they all work, the trick is getting all the WHM configuration files to align with the multiple PHP versions and handlers, I cant do it without going in and looking.

I promise you it works, and its not a vimp issue, its a a WHM configuration issue, and it needs to be tweaked per server.
[Last edited by farrider, 08.02.2020 08:17]
08.02.2020 08:11
dstamos
I have a dedicated server with access to everything. It would be awesome if you could help me. My number is 775-721-9110
Sincerely,
D. L. Stamos
09.02.2020 02:01
farrider
If you can send me an email, we can set something up, IM CST time US

kevin@vbhmail.com
10.02.2020 16:31
farrider
I'm sorry, that was an old un monitored email addy, I just fixed the MX record, so if you sent an email, please try again.
10.02.2020 23:30
farrider
Ill keep an eye on the thread, haven't seen anything in the mail.
11.02.2020 16:13