Everything new at ViMP

Simultaneously with ViMP 4.0 we launched our new website!

We have done our best to make the website as clear and user-friendly as possible.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Please let us know what you like and what we can improve.

Your feedback

Thank you and have fun on our new website and with ViMP 4.0!

Sincerly, Your ViMP team

Feedback

Support Forum

Forum support is free. Please note that replies can take some time as replies to paying ticket customers are prioritized.

trainingday
Hello,

I have tried for 14 hrs(mostly learning linux) to install vimp and desperately need help. I have a vps with Debian 64bit. I have read multiple answers on the forum to this question but none fix it for me. Here is what I come up with. I have uploaded a file phpinfo.php to my vimp folder and it shows I have PHP Version 5.3.14-1~dotdeb.0. Now when I type into the shell "php -v" it shows I have Php Version 5.2.17 (cli). I cant figure that out yet. So next I found a command that you can type: find /-name php.ini well I changed everyone of those files extension_dir and still error. When I run php -m | grep -i guardian to see if sourceguardian is installed nothing happens just a new line(no output). So next I went here: http://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders/download.php and I followed the instructions there exactly even modified every php.ini with extension=ixed.5.3.lin ,but still nothing. I dont know what to do next to figure this out. I have 4 websites thats will be using vimp and I am still stuck on this one. On one forum thread "support" said I need sourceguardian for php5-cli but nothing on google shows help with that statement. Please help thanks. The phpinfo address is: sterling5 dot net /phpinfo dot php
10.07.2012 08:08
support
ViMP Support
Hello trainingday,

would be more easy to read, if you would create some paragraphs in your text :-)

I recommend to install ViMP with the "Getting Started"-guide at
iconCode:
http://www.vimp.com/en/getting-started.html

There you find the guide to install sourceguardian, too:
http://www.vimp.com/en/documentation-faq-article/items/installing-the-sourceguardian-php-extension-only-vimp-community-and-vimp-professional.html

Kind Regards,
ViMP Support Team
10.07.2012 12:52
trainingday
I did use the guide at that link. As stated I tried this all day and got to last step with syfony and have this error. Could you please provide other suggestions?

Also, there is a file called php-config that has my extension_dir in a diffrent spot and I changed it and it still does not work. That file also says my php version is 2. I tried to update my php5 multiple times and it stills says 2 with php-v ,but phpinfo.php shows 3.

The only step on the getting started guide I did not get was:
There are three little modifications neccessary in the Apache configuration.
Open the according file with an editor, e.g. joe:. I only see 3 changes: add web and change from none to all. Whats the 3rd commented step??

HELP please.
[Last edited by trainingday, 10.07.2012 15:12]
10.07.2012 15:07
support
ViMP Support
Hello trainingday,

then you have to install sourceguardian for both, for php5-cli and php5 for apache.

Cheers,
ViMP Support Team
12.07.2012 15:04
flomoto
Allright, but what else can we do to install sourceguardian for both of them, regarding that there are already simlinks poiting toward ../conf.d in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ AND /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/ , and sourceguardian.ini is in this directory ?

If it loads for one of them, so it loads for both.
09.02.2013 14:36
support
ViMP Support
Hello flomoto,

is that an answer or a questions?

If it´s a question please update the ViMP-URL in your profile and describe the problem first, maybe in a new thread.

Cheers,
Kai
ViMP Support Team
18.02.2013 16:24
mit_icts
Hi trainingday,

I've had the same problem on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I know this is an old post, but it may help someone...

The module should be enabled for both CLI and Apache, I think, when we run php5enmod

sourceguardian was showing up when I ran phpinfo() from a web page.

The CLI installer couldn't find it though.

To get round the problem, I put in :

extension=ixed.5.5.lin

into my /etc/php5/cli/php.ini file.

Not sure why it's needed, but that worked...

(your version numbers may be different of course...)
18.08.2014 03:11
support
ViMP Support
Hello mit_icts,

with a default Ubuntu 14.04 installation the sourceguardian.ini should be created under /etc/php5/mods-available/ .
Then
# php5enmod sourceguardian
creates the links that enable the module for both, the CLI and apache.

Regards,
Kai
ViMP Support Team
19.08.2014 12:24
bbbbighead
Hi,

I am using
Ubuntu 13.04
PHP 5.4.9

PHP 5.4.9-4ubuntu2.4 (cli) (built: Dec 12 2013 04:26:30)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

I also download sourceguardian from http://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders.html
put it into /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin (linux i368 verion)
and set /etc/php5/conf.d/sourceguardian.ini

[sourceguardian]
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin

of course I do this step "php5enmod sourceguardian" and "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart"

However, when I try to install vimp, it shows the following error message.
================================
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin: /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin: /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/ixed.5.4.lin: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sg_load() in /home/xxxxx/vimp/vimp-3.1.1/config/ProjectConfiguration.class.php on line 2
================================

Please help. I spent lots of time doing this but failed.
21.09.2014 19:32
support
ViMP Support
Hello bbbbighead,

I´m pretty sure you have the 64-bit version of sourceguardian installed, but on a 32-bit server.

Please download the 32-Bit version of the loader from here:
http://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders.html

Go on with this like you have described above. Sounds all good.

Best Regards,
Kai
ViMP Support Team
22.09.2014 15:54