ViMP System Requirements
- You need a dedicated or virtual server with root permissions to install ViMP.
- We recommend Linux as OS. An installation under UNIX, BSD or Windows is possible, but not officially supported.
- We recommend to not use Plesk due to possible incompatibilities.
The following server software is required to run ViMPWebserver
- Version 2.4 recommended
- mod_rewrite must be enabled
- or NGINX
- Version 7.0 - 7.4
- GD library, openssl, cURL, MySQL, mbstring, MySQLi, PDO, pdo_mysql and XSL extensions must be installed
- PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) must be installed
- SourceGuardian Extension (except for ViMP Ultimate Extended)
- MySQL: Version 5.0 - 8.0
- MariaDB: At least version 10.0
- InnoDB must be installed
The transcoding tools should be installed exactly as described in the documentation. Due to patent protections it's not sufficient to install the default packages.
- exiftool (>10.8)
In order to concatenate modified CSS files, npm must be installed.
HardwareAs a minimum requirement we recommend:
- Quad Core processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB hard disc space (the actual capacity needed depends on the number of media)
For productive use we recommend
- Hexa-Core processor or better (more cores allow especially a faster transcoding of media)
- 32 GB RAM or more
- 2000 GB hard disk space or more (the size required depends mainly on the number of media)