ViMP System Requirements
- You need a dedicated or virtual server with root permissions to install ViMP.
- We recommend Linux as OS. An installation under UNIX, BSD or Windows is possible, but not officially supported.
- We recommend to not use Plesk due to possible incompatibilities.
The following server software is required to run ViMPApache2
- Version 2.2 or 2.4 recommended
- mod_rewrite must be enabled
- Version 5.5.x, 5.6.x, 7.0.x
- GD library, Mcrypt, cURL, MySQL, mbstring, MySQLi, PDO, pdo_mysql and XSL extensions must be installed
- PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) must be installed
- MySQL: At least version 5.0
- MariaDB: At least version 10.0
- InnoDB must be installed
The transcoding tools should be installed exactly as described in the documentation. Due to patent protections it's not sufficient to install the default packages.
- additional codecs
HardwareOur minimum recommendation is as follows:
- Quad Core Processor or better
- 8 GB RAM (better 16 GB or more)
- 500 GB hard disc space (the actual capacity needed depends on the number of media)